The Wabbajack Viva New Vegas modlist will allow you to quickly and easily install the same modlist that the manual guide would result in.
- An English copy of the game with all DLCs from either Steam or GOG.
- Only the English version of the game is supported for maximum compatibility - translations can conflict with mods and cause issues.
- The Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store versions of the game are unsupported, as they do not work with xNVSE which is essential for most mods.
- German release uses a "No Gore" version, making it also incompatible with xNVSE. If you are on Steam, you can use DepotDownloader to download the international exe.
- At least 12GB of free drive space.
- Windows 8 or higher (64-bit).
- VC++ Runtime Libraries.
- Extract the archive and run the included install_all.bat as an administrator to install all of the required libraries at once.
- A text editor (I recommend Notepad++, but the default Windows notepad will work).
- An archiving tool (I recommend 7-Zip. If you use Windows 11 then NanaZip is a better option).
- The latest GPU drivers (Either NVIDIA, AMD or Intel).
- A Nexus Mods account.
A Premium subscription to Nexus Mods is highly recommended since it will allow an automated installation
Once you meet the requirements, follow the Setup page to get your game ready for the modlist installation.
- Download the latest Wabbajack
- Create a new folder anywhere outside of any default Windows folders
- Place the downloaded Wabbajack.exe in this folder, then run it
- Enable Show Unofficial Lists, then locate Viva New Vegas in the gallery and click the download button in the corner
- In Installation Location select an empty folder that is NOT the following:
- The Steam folder
- Any default Windows folders
- The game folder
- The folder where you put Wabbajack.exe
- If you see a red Installation Failed screen, please join the Viva New Vegas Discord server for support
- Head to the location where you installed the modlist
- Open the Tools folder, then open the 4GB Patcher folder
- Copy the .exe file to the game's Root folder
- Right-click on FNVpatch.exe and select Run as administrator
- A command prompt window will open and should say FalloutNV.exe patched!
- Close the command prompt and a file named FalloutNV_backup.exe should appear in the game's Root folder
- Open Mod Organizer 2
- Expand the Utilities separator, you will see multiple NVTF configurations that are disabled. Read the notes then decide which fits your setup best and enable it
- Now you can play the game through the New Vegas option in the top right
DecompressorBSA Decompressor will give you slightly better performance and faster loading times at a small disk space cost.
- In the same Tools folder as before, open the BSA Decompressor folder
- Run FNV BSA Decompressor.exe
- If the game path isn't already there, enter it
- Click Decompress, wait for the process the finish, then exit the program once finished
DXVKDXVK is mainly used to improve performance in CPU-limited scenarios, which are the main cause of low FPS in this game.
- Read the mod description available here
- Once you confirm that your GPU supports DXVK 2.0 and higher, do the next step
- In Mod Organizer 2, expand the Utilities separator and enable DXVK