The VNV Wabbajack modlist will allow you to quickly and easily install VNV, both the basic and extended sections.
Introduction and Setup
Read the Introduction
first, then proceed to the Setup
page. Once you're done, keep following this page.
- Download the latest Wabbajack.
- Create a new folder anywhere outside of any default Windows folders.
- Place the downloaded Wabbajack.exe in this folder, then run it.
- Enable Show Unofficial Lists, then locate Viva New Vegas in the gallery and click the download button in the corner.
- In Installation Location select an empty folder that is NOT the following:
Add your Installation Location and game folder as exceptions in your AV by following these steps.
Begin the installation.
Accept the Nexus Mods API request.
If you are not a Premium user you will need to manually click download for each mod.
Once complete, the installation will show a green Installation Complete screen.
- The Steam folder.
- Any default Windows folders.
- The game folder.
- The folder where you put Wabbajack.exe.
- If you see a red Installation Failed screen, please join the ModdingLinked Discord server for support.
- In your Installation Location, open the Tools folder, then open the 4GB Patcher folder.
- Copy the .exe file to the game's Root folder.
- Right-click on FNVpatch.exe and select Run as administrator.
- A command prompt window will open and should say FalloutNV.exe patched!
- Close the command prompt and a file named FalloutNV_backup.exe should appear in the game's Root folder.
- In your Installation Location, open Mod Organizer 2.
IMPORTANT: If you are running the game at a resolution higher than 1080p, enable the Texture Modding and High Res Preset under the Utilities separator!
- Now you can play the game through the New Vegas option in the top right:
The Viva New Vegas Wabbajack already comes with all plugins decompressed and the VNV FNVLODGen Output.
Follow the limiter section of the Performance Guide in order to massively reduce your latency (this is highly recommended because the Wabbajack only comes with VSync as default, which is not meant to be used as a limiter but we cannot provide a pre-configured one).
BSA Decompressor will give you slightly better performance and faster loading times at a small disk space cost.
DXVK is mainly used to improve performance in CPU-limited scenarios, which are the main cause of low FPS in this game.
- In the same Tools folder as before, open the BSA Decompressor folder.
- Run FNV BSA Decompressor.exe.
- The Fallout: New Vegas and Decompressed Archives paths should be filled by default (root folder and data folder respectively). If they aren't, close the program and re-run your game launcher to generate the required registry key.
- Click Decompress, wait for the process the finish, then exit the program once finished.
Improves performance by optimizing the game's heap.
- Read the mod description available here.
- Once you know if your GPU supports DXVK and what version to use, enable the correct DXVK for your setup under the Utilities separator.
- Head to the Tools folder, then the NVHR folder.
- Take all files and drag them to the game's root folder.
Updating the List
- Verify files on Steam or GOG Galaxy.
- Reinstall the list from the Wabbajack tool and enable the "Overwrite Installation" checkbox.
- Reapply the 4GB Patcher and optionally the BSA Decompressor.