In this step, we will install mods that completely rebalance game mechanics and its difficulty
As with the previous page, it is especially important to read the descriptions of these mods.
Creating a Separator in MO2
- Right-click the empty space in the left pane of MO2 and select Create separator.
- Name the separator Overhauls.
Vigor - A Vanilla JSawyer Fork
A fork of JSawyer that strikes a balance between JSawyer's balance overhaul and vanilla - along with bug and consistency fixes. Among the large number of changes, here are the highlights:
- Lower starting AP and Health.
- Less loot.
- Healing is harder.
- Lackluster equipment is more viable.
- Minor balance tweaks to perks in order to make them more interesting and fun to play.
Essential Vanilla Enhancements Merged
- Main Files - Vanilla Enhancements Merged
- Additionally install the following files
Compilation of many smaller gameplay-related mods, all updated, fixed and optimized to work together.
Better Character Creation
- Main Files - Better Character Creation
Improves the character creation by speeding up the process, adding specialized gear based on your tag skills and making Wild Wasteland an opt-in feature rather than a trait.
Traps Tweaks - Traps Use Other Skills
- Main Files - Traps Tweaks NV
Makes explosive traps use explosives, survival, or science skills instead of repair, which is already super useful.
Harder Barter Faster Stronger
- Main Files - Harder Barter Faster Stronger
Makes the economy harsher for characters with low barter, makes barter affect prices more and slightly narrows the difference between max sell and min buy prices.
- Main Files - Better Brotherhood
- Optional Files - Better Brotherhood - YUP Patch
Tweaks to make the Mojave Brotherhood a better faction, including more sources of fame, fixed ending slide conditions, additional repair services, improved diversified leveled lists and a new weapon.