Welcome to Viva New Vegas, a modular vanilla-plus modding guide for Fallout New Vegas!
IMPORTANT: Everything in this guide is written down for a reason! It is vital to read everything!
You can NOT skip any paragraphs/instructions and expect your game to function as it should.
The guide is highly accessible for everyone, no matter your modding experience. It is still incredibly important that you read all the instructions very carefully, even if you believe you are experienced enough to skip them. There are many small instructions that are vital for your game to function, and could be easily missed if you aren't careful. Although you don't need any modding experience to use this guide, it is expected for you to be relatively experienced with operating a computer in general.
- Stability: The guide includes all essential stability enhancements and no placebo/dangerous mods.
- Performance: Every tool, setting and mod in the guide has been carefully selected and play-tested to ensure maximum possible performance.
- Customizability: The guide is split into 2 sections; all the mods required for the game to work and perform better are contained in the first section. The mods that can be considered subjective and that alter or add game content are in the VNV Extended section.
- Better Gameplay: As part of the VNV Extended section, the guide includes many mods that greatly improve the gameplay without drastically overhauling the core experience or straying away from the game's original intent. There is also an Overhauls section that will make the game much more difficult and add some new vanilla-friendly content. This section is highlighted by Vigor so it is not recommended for first time players.
- An English copy of the game with all DLCs from either Steam or GOG.
- Only the English version of the game is supported for maximum compatibility; translations can conflict with mods and cause issues.
- The Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store versions of the game are unsupported:
- The german release uses a "No Gore" version, making it also incompatible with xNVSE. If you have it on Steam, you can use DepotDownloader to download the international EXE.
- At least 15GB of free drive space (13GB if you delete all the downloads).
- Windows 10 or higher (64-bit).
- VC++ Runtime Libraries.
- Extract the archive and run the included install_all.bat as an administrator to install all of the required libraries at once.
- A text editor (Notepad++ is recommended, but the default Windows notepad will work).
- An archiving tool (NanaZip is recommended).
- The latest GPU drivers (either NVIDIA, AMD or Intel).
- A Nexus Mods account (a Premium subscription will allow uncapped speeds).
- CPU: Any dual-core processor (2.5GHz or more).
- RAM: 8GB or more.
- GPU: Matching or surpassing the performance of NVIDIA's 600 series or AMD's 5500 series.